The Feldenkrais Method facilitates learning about movement, posture and breathing to ultimately increase ease and range of movement, improve flexibility and coordination. Through gentle movement lessons, we become more aware of how our habits may restrict moving through life easily and pleasurably. We then learn new, easier options for movement.
An individual session with a Feldenkrais practitioner is called Functional Integration. This is a hands on process which addresses particular individual problems. The Feldenkrais practitioner guides a patient’s movements through precise touch. They learn how restrictions in a part of the body can affect the whole and learn how movement is transmitted from one part of the body to another. The learning is then applied to everyday activities such as reaching, sitting, standing, walking and indeed any function the patient wishes to improve.
Conditions treated & specialities include:
- Childhood development.
- Dancers, musicians, athletes or actors wishing to improve performance.
- People whose work may involve repetitive tasks and associated pain.
- Older adults and people interested in preventing or relieving stiffness, pain or strain.
- People living with difficulties such as Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, injury or learning difficulties.
Treatment Techniques used:
- Learning through lessons that explore movement.
- Posture correction.
- Breathing techniques.
- Guided movement facilitation.
- Individual Functional Integration lessons.
- Weekly group classes taking patients through a planned sequence of movement.
Feldenkrais Practitioner at SEH:
Sydney Essential Health is situated in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs, 5 minutes walk from the centre of Bondi Junction and close to Woollahra, Double Bay, Rose Bay, Bellevue Hill, Paddington, Edgecliff, Randwick, Coogee and Bondi. Also only a quick train or bus ride from the city of Sydney and Sydney CBD. Click here for map and contact details.